What We Believe as a Church
Crossroads Baptist Church Statement of Faith
1. We believe in one God, existing in three persons: the Father, the Son,
and the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life,
miracles, his death by crucifixion on the cross, resurrection, ascension
to heaven, intercession for us, and His future return to earth. We believe
that he was crucified and resurrected for our redemption.
3. We believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit, that He brings about the
miracle of new birth in unbelievers and He then indwells believers, helping
them to live a godly life.
4. We believe that the Bible is God’s written revelation, It is verbally
inspired, authoritative, and without error.
5. We believe man was created in the image of God but was separated
from fellowship with God by man’s willful sin. Man was restored to fellowship through the sacrificial death of God’s Son, Jesus. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and was crucified for the sins of man. He was raised from death after three days and seen by many witnesses as evidence of the Father’s acceptance of his worthy sacrifice.
6. We believe salvation is offered freely to all. We do however acknowledge
that every person must willingly accept this truth for their own lives. While
God through Jesus Christ has offered Salvation to whosoever, only through the believing heart and confessing mouth can one be saved. Since this is our understanding of scripture then those who refuse Christ will spend eternity in a Godless place of suffering the bible calls Hell, therefore we are compelled to get this news to all men in order that they might be saved.
7. We believe in Baptism by immersion of a believer in water, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is an act of obedience
expressing one’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior. It also
signifies the believer’s death to sin and the old life and the beginning of a
new life in Christ Jesus